May 10, 2023
$20.00 - $25.00 hourly
Hybrid (New York, NY, USA)
Optometric Technician 3-5 days/wk QS/BK/BX
We are looking for Optometric Technicians to do Retinal Imaging. The work sites are at various nursing homes in Brooklyn, Bronx & Queens counties and surrounding areas. The candidate must be willing and able to work at different sites and have their own vehicle to commute to/form work-sites. Must be willing to travel up to an hour away from your home base. We reimburse for mileage, gas and pay for tolls.
We’re looking for reliable, motivated and well-rounded candidates to join our team. If you are interested in eye care, take pride in providing great service, like working in a healthcare facility environment and think of each detail as important, you’re the right candidate for this position!
We currently have openings for 3-5 days per week between Sunday-Friday. Hours are from 8AM to 3PM or 9AM to 4PM approximately.
An eye care background and experience is required. We will provide proper training for the right candidate. The salary varies depending on your experience and work history.
You report directly to the Optometrist and are responsible for Retinal imaging/ Fundus photography.
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Discuss & document schedule changes (cancellations/refusals/etc..) with nurses
- Prepare and clean medical instruments as needed
- Take fundus images and submit for reading by the doctor
- Organize & electronically submit all required documents to Visualize office daily
- Respond to inquiries from office staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School education or equivalent required
- Proven working experience as a optometric technician or similar field, required
- Degree in medical assistance (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Drive
- Working knowledge of technology and software applications
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Effective team player
- Positive, friendly, helpful & respectful disposition
- Neat and professional appearance appropriate for health care setting
- Willingness to learn on the job and to work flexible work schedule (days) is preferred
- Must have valid Driver's License & registered vehicle for daily travel
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All personnel working for us at Healthcare facilities, including this position, must provide proof of receipt of the COVID-19 vaccine to be eligible.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Optometry or Ophthalmology: 1 year (Required)
- Eye Care: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Pictures of Practice