Access Eye is a thriving, well-established (40+ years) multi-location advanced eyecare practice located in Fredericksburg, VA. Our talented and award-winning team of Ophthalmologists and Optometrists offers an extensive array of services to patients in Fredericksburg, Stafford, Spotsylvania, King George, and the surrounding region. We are seeking a talented and experienced Medical Practice Administrator to manage the operations while also meeting goals for practice growth and development. This Administrator will focus on personnel management, day-to-day clinic oversight, staff engagement and performance, and complete patient satisfaction. The ideal candidate will possess outstanding leadership skills, will be well-organized, self-motivated, and have excellent critical thinking skills. The Administrator will report directly to the Executive Director.
Position requirements for the Medical Practice Administrator:
- Oversee all mid-level managers.
- Measure staff performance and provide routine evaluations and counseling, as needed.
- Manage staffing through the appropriate hiring, firing, and disciplinary actions in collaboration with HR.
- Maintain a visible presence in all practice locations and offer consistent access to all staff.
- Ensure efficient and economical staff performance in accordance with operating budgets, goals, and objectives.
- Review/analyze staff performance including financial and productivity data for each area and make the appropriate changes in strategies, goals, and objectives responding to current status and conditions.
- Staff Engagement – Develop, coach, motivate and recognize staff to encourage optimal performance.
- Revenue Cycle – Understand the revenue cycle and work with the practice’s billing company to optimize performance.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with current healthcare regulations, laws, and ethics.
- Communication – Work with the Executive Director to schedule and present in quarterly meetings with the providers.
- Information Technology - Manage and communicate with all IT vendors and software companies including, but not limited to, practice management systems, EHR, practice network, etc.
- Program Development – Work alongside the Executive Director to evaluate and assess new programs and initiatives to support practice growth and development. Present findings and recommendations to Executive Director.
- 5 years’ medical practice management experience in a high-volume, multi-office practice, required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – must be able to communicate effectively with physicians, staff, and patients.
- Ability to excel in a complex, high-paced, environment and unafraid to “get in the trenches.”
- Experience with Strategic Planning and implementation.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Must be well organized, reliable, and self-motivated.
- Above average computer and program skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field, Master’s preferred or equivalent work experience
Fredericksburg is a beautiful city on the Rappahannock River in Virginia located directly between Washington, D.C. and Richmond, VA – about one hour drive from each. With its rich natural surroundings, lively community, and central location, Fredericksburg, Virginia provides a hub of activity for the region. This area has great shopping, historical sites, chef-owned restaurants, art galleries, community events, a major University and recreational opportunities that make Fredericksburg a great place to live.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- CME Allowance
- Paid Time Off