The Medical Technician will work alongside the Ophthalmologist and Ophthalmic Technicians/Scribes to perform clinical and administrative tasks related to the care of patients being treated for eye disorders and diseases. The ideal candidate will have the desire to gain knowledge in the field of ophthalmology as well as advance into other roles.
· Always maintains confidentiality and professional demeanor.
· Knowledgeable in ocular pharmacology such as anesthetics, steroids, antibiotics, mydriatics and cycloplegics, epinephrine, miotics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories.
· Records allergies and drug reactions in patient’s electronic health record.
· Prepares exam/procedure rooms.
· Prepares patient for procedures.
· Assists ophthalmologist within office procedures.
· Assists Ophthalmic Technicians/Scribes as needed.
· Coordinates patient procedures, such as prepping injections.
· Records and updates drugs selected for patient care in inventory tracking system.
· Applies drops to anesthetize, dilate, or medicate eyes.
· Notifies office manager of any equipment malfunctions